Texting and Long Distance

• 20 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Greetings,
I have a phone and data plan with the following addons:
  1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2
  Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance
  Koodo VoLTE Access

I can text the US w/o being charged but I don’t know if I can text Austraiia and Europe.  How can find out what my plan allows.  This info does not appear to be findable from witihin my account.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

the sms feature of your plan should be stated in the main description of the plan (not in the addon). You can go to selfserve >» manage plan and addon > click to expand the feature of your plan. If you see “unlimited international messaging” then you should be ok to text anywhere from.your number while you are residing in Canada

Thank you Dinh.  Much appreciated.  
When I go to Self Serve, “manage plan & addon” is not an option.  My options are:
 Overview
 Billing
 Usage
 Koodo Tab
 Mobile Services 
 My Profile

When I go to Mobile services and expand current services this is what I see:
  Call Forward - Local Calling Area only
  Call Forward PPU Access
  Conference Calling
  Call Display+
  Call Waiting
  Call Display Outbound
  Provisioning Service
  Voicemail

I assume, therefore, that I cannot text to Australia.  What doesn’t make sense is that I can text to the US without extra charges  and it says nothing here about it.  Is it the case that US texting is included in all Koodo plans or am I missing something?
Thanks again.

Hi Dinh,
I’ve replied, but it looks like we have to wait for my reply to be vetted by moderators.  
Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh,
I’ve replied, but it looks like we have to wait for my reply to be vetted by moderators.  
Cheers

Did you try to post a snapshot? I don't think you would need that though. You can check the language in the plan detail there.

Anyway, if you sent text to US number without any fee, it should be also free to send to other countries. Also, you could check right away in selfserve if there is any overage.

The upshot of my reply listed my “manage my plan” section.  There’s nothing menioning anything about texting but via a converstion with a koodo rep, I’m fine for texting back and forth to the US.  I’ve been texting to there from Canada for many months now without any overage charges.   I guess there’s no where to find the documented specifics of my plan…?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long have you had your plan? I have never heard of a plan where you can text to the US but not the rest of the world, so I intend to agree with Dinh - you should be fine. Test it with one text to a number outside of North America and if you don't get billed for that, you should be fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, so I logged into my own self serve, and it mentions my texting here:

Yours doesn’t mention anything of the sort?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The upshot of my reply listed my “manage my plan” section.  There’s nothing menioning anything about texting but via a converstion with a koodo rep, I’m fine for texting back and forth to the US.  I’ve been texting to there from Canada for many months now without any overage charges.   I guess there’s no where to find the documented specifics of my plan…?  

To add to Sofia comments, you can download your service agreement in selfserve following this https://www.koodomobile.com/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-customer-service-agreements-csa

That document should also have listed features of your plan