Koodo Community
Question

Talk and Text Only

• 11 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to change my plan to talk and text only (no data).  But the option is not available on Self Serve. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have now?

Do you have any Tab left?

• 5GB of shock-free data
  • I bought my phone outright
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have no need for data (or VERY little data), we usually suggest moving across to prepaid. Both Koodo and Public Mobile have a great $25 plan with unlimited calling and it even includes some data.

With Koodo, you would end up paying $32 and probably an additional $5 data block. It’s up to you of course, but just wanted you to be aware of your options :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree with Sophia. 

If you don't need data, and you don't have any Tab left, then prepaid plan would be better option for you.

The postpaid plans would be better  if you want to buy a phone on Tab, you need more data, and if you want manage bills for multiple lines for your family members.

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, that’s exactly the plan I want. But it does not appear as an option when I try to change my plan through Self Serve. I’m only given options for more data plans. Is there a reason this isn’t coming up as an option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well you can’t just change to that plan in self serve, because Koodo has their postpaid and prepaid plans on a completely different backend. You will need to purchase a prepaid SIM card (online or in a store) - for example here https://www.amazon.ca/Koodo-Prepaid-Call-Sandard-Micro/dp/B07BDPNFYY/

Then open a prepaid account and once you are all set up with a random number, you will need to port your own (postpaid) number across. This will close your postpaid account and you can continue with prepaid from then on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What we mentioned here as the prepaid is different from Koodo postpaid.

If you want to switch to a prepaid plan, then you need a prepaid SIM card and open a prepaid account. Then you can transfer your number to a new prepaid account if you want.

From your self serve, it only allowed you to switch among postpaid plans.  But, if you want to switch to a starter plan(under BYOD), then you need to call in and a rep can switch to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And then you will have access to the postpaid self-serve account for 90 days to view and pay your final bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What we mentioned here as the prepaid is different from Koodo postpaid.

If you want to switch to a prepaid plan, then you need a prepaid SIM card and open a prepaid account. Then you can transfer your number to a new prepaid account if you want.

From your self serve, it only allowed you to switch among postpaid plans.  But, if you want to switch to a starter plan(under BYOD), then you need to call in and a rep can switch to it.

ADD: Sophia is too quick😁

Thank you everyone for your help