Koodo Community
Question

Switch to a cheaper plan

• 27 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I would like to switch to a cheaper plan but Self Serve only offers me the same or more expensive options.

My husband is also a Koodo customer and was offered a plan that I would also like. It was $35 for 30 GB of 4G data per month. I currently pay $60 for 60 GB of 5G data. How can I get the sane offer he received?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

so a couple of quick questions, are you still on contract and paying off a device? or do you own the device and are on a bring your own device plan? If you’re still paying one off, you wont be shown much cheaper plans until the contract is over. Also, when did your partner see this was available? as a lot of plans around that price range are only available around key sales points during the year (like boxing day, Black Friday etc.). Phone companies work quarterly, meaning that the pricing on plans and devices at the moment are not fantastic as they’re at the beginning of this quarter for sales. They improve by the end of the quarter, such as  march, June, September, and then the holiday period. That's why you see the deals around those dates. Also, not every customer is presented the same plans even if they’re on the same account, though if you recently saw this for your husband (the last week or so) and your device is paid off, you could schedule a call back with a rep via your self serve and they could tell you your eligibility for the plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would like to switch to a cheaper plan but Self Serve only offers me the same or more expensive options.

My husband is also a Koodo customer and was offered a plan that I would also like. It was $35 for 30 GB of 4G data per month. I currently pay $60 for 60 GB of 5G data. How can I get the sane offer he received?

It is difficult to say whether you can get the same plan as your husband. I would suggest you to keep looking on the Koodo website. They do offer some flash deals from time to time.