Koodo Community
Question

Received an exclusive offer for rate plan and cannot change

• 16 November 2022
  • 12 replies

I received an email stating the below:

Our plan is to make yours better. We’re always thinking of ways to keep you happy. So we put together one of our very best offers to make Koodo even better for you.
Your exclusive offer is
20GB for $45/month
This is one deal you won't find anywhere else. All you need to do is log in to Self Serve and select Change my plan to jump on this amazing offer!

However when I go into Self Serve to change the plan, I can see the plan, select it but then I get an error message saying “It looks like you can’t choose a perk right now. Please check back shortly.” I’ve tried on different devices, different browsers over the course of the past 3 days and it doesn’t help. It does not say I need to change or upgrade my phone to get this rate plan. I also already pay $45 a month, just with less data so I am not downgrading cost wise. Am I missing something?

Any insight would help.

Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What If you try to upgrade at the same time, would it allow you to select the plan? If course don't submit it for it. Just testing a theory that the plan requires an upgrade

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KaraC I see the special promo assigned to your line ending with 20.  Are you clicking on the button ‘change my plan’ and is that when you get the message about perks? 

@KaraC I see the special promo assigned to your line ending with 20.  Are you clicking on the button ‘change my plan’ and is that when you get the message about perks? 

HI Bernard, yes that is correct. I click on change my plan, then I see a list of available rate plans. When I click on the promo plan as noted in the email I received, I get the error message above and can't complete the change. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KaraC Let us take a look into this. As soon as we know something ( it may take a day or two) we will let you know about here. Rest assured we will fix things if they are broken! Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KaraC Update: The plan should be available to switch to now. Thanks for your patience!

Hi Bernard,

Unfortunately still not working and I just tried again. I can see the plans….

but this is what I see when I try to click on any of the “Exclusive For You” rate plan offers:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KaraC - By any chance, can you let us know what happens when you click on Okay. Does it allow you to proceed to the next page?

@Chris Koodo do you see the post above yours I addressed to @Bernard Koodo of the screenshots I provided? That is what I see when I try to click on a new rate plan. If I try to click on any of those rate plans on the right, I get the screen below which says “It looks like you can’t choose a perk right now.” There is no “Okay” to click?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KaraC The “okay” button is on the screen you shared with dropped ice cream on it.  Right below the sentence “It looks like you can’t choose a perk right now.” We also reloaded the offer, so, fingers crossing it should work now....although I said that before 😓 

@Bernard Koodo looks like it worked this time! Thank you so much!

@Chris Koodo after I clicked okay it was kicking me back to the home screen of my account. There was something glitchy going on because it showed that ice cream cone oops message also in the spot on the upper left corner where it shows the balance due etc. saying that information was not available. It’s been that way the past few days and that’s gone now and it’s back to normal. :)

Thanks everyone for your help!

I got the ice cream cone error msg everytime I tried to select the $45 for 20gb the first couple night when the promo is being offered. But at night time, like midnight it worked. It could be the amount of traffic the website is experiencing causing an issues or it's so new that the promo went out to everyone eligible and it's taking time for the system to reflect on everyone self serve account. The only problem is that when you proceed with ice cream cone page by pressing okay you get something that says $45 but doesn't actually give you the break down of what that $45 includes i.e. regular change plan or the 20gb. Try at midnight, that's when I had the success in changing my exclusive promo. Best of luck