Skip to main content
Question

Plan Offer by Text

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Anyone else receive a text from Koodo to save money on your current plan, call the number and find out its Telus and they want you to migrate to them? Very frustrating! If the text is from Koodo, I should be able to save on my Koodo plan.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's first tier Telus, second tier Koodo, third tier Public. They basically try to get you to shift eventually to first tier.

I get it. I wish Koodo would match the offer.

Userlevel 4

I would be more concerned about how much money they want and the services I would be getting versus which Telus division will be providing the service.  You will be on the Telus network regardless 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there any particular reason you'd prefer to stay with Koodo over Telus if it's a better deal? I'm not trying to up sell people or anything like that but if the offer is better than what Koodo has, and it's the same network, I think it'd be ok?

Honestly, I want to stay as my longevity with them helps my credit report. I've worked hard to get it where it is and I want to keep going.

Userlevel 4

Not a credit expert, but I have never heard of loyalty to a company effecting a credit report.  Would be interested in knowing how and why this could/ would effect your credit report.