Koodo Community
Question

Phone & Phone number

• 31 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello I have a phone and phone number that I would like to transfer for a Kodoo plan. What are my next steps via online purchase and self-serve. 

Thanks 

Melissa

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First, check if your existing phone number is eligible to move to Koodo, here.

Then, you will have to decide whether you want to become a postpaid customer, where you will receive a monthly invoice, or a prepaid customer - no invoice, (pay-as-you-go).

The link below explains the steps in becoming a Koodo postpaid or prepaid customer. Included in the link is an instructional video that covers the steps when transferring from another provider to Koodo. I would recommend watching this video.

Once you have registered with Koodo and selected a plan, the system should automatically add a Koodo SIM card to your order. The SIM card order ships in 2 business days.

Transferring your number to Koodo

A few things to remember:

1. Don’t cancel your number with your previous provider just yet and keep the SIM card that’s already there. The number with your previous provider automatically cancels when the transfer has completed, which can take up to 2.5 hours.

2. Make sure you’ve registered for Koodo Self Serve. If you haven’t, register now and click Get Started (for postpaid accounts)

3. Have your previous provider’s service details at your fingertips:

• We’ll need this info exactly as it appears on the bill: the Account Number located on your bill with the previous service provider

OR

• The IMEI number of the previous provider’s phone - just dial * #06# on the device to reveal this number.

There’s a lot of information in the link above. I’ve outlined some of the basics. If at any time you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. Welcome to Koodo!