Koodo Community
Solved

old plan, bought new phone NOT from koodo website, can i still upgrade my plan for the more favorable option

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, i ordered a phone from walmart online as they have the phone i wanted. It was not qualified to be added to my account through the walmart kiosk in the store because the man said,… the online is a 3rd party so he cant add it to my account and get me the more favourable deal.

so,.. he said to ask Koodo if i can get the more favourable deal.  I have the $30.00 package with $10.00 add on of 2 gb.  If i was activating through a kiosk i could get the same as i have but it be 6 gb for $45.00. However if i dont get an upgrade at time of my new phone it would be $55.00. So,….  

Can i get the more favourable upgrade on a bring my own phone i bought from a. 3rd party? Or does that action negate me from the deal and i can only do a standard upgrade? 

I find it really sleazy of koodo to offer these deals to new activations or tabbed purchases only and not have any benefits for long term existing customers who buy their phones outright through anyplace, to upgrade their old style plans to match whats being offered currently. It makes a person want to just go elsewhere which i could as i got an unlocked phone.  

So can i get the more favourable plan? Or no. If not well darn but i know what to do then. 

Also if i just stay with my plan can i just put the sim in the new phone or will it lock the sim up? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Goran 19 October 2021, 02:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's not just Koodo. All carriers give deals to new customers to lure them in and the tabs push people to stay longer.

You have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to request to get the plan without getting a tab upgrade or activating new. No guarantees but worth a shit. If they won't, you can always go to another carrier to take advantage of new activation deals.