Koodo Community
Question

Not getting 5G service on new Pixel7

• 21 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Just upgraded my phone and my wife’s to the Pixel 7 and upgraded our plans to 5G. However, my phone doesn’t appear to connect to the 5G network. At one point my wife’s phone and mine were right next to each other, with hers getting 5G and mine staying on LTE. As far as I can tell all the settings on the two phones are identical. I’m at a loss to figure out the difference.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your phone yet?

Hi Allan,

Yes I've tried restarting and removing and reinserting the SIM

I should also add that my Pixel is fully up to date in terms of the OS and software

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I should also add that my Pixel is fully up to date in terms of the OS and software

If 2 plans are the same, can you switch sim from one phone to another? 

As well, 5G is only part of Koodo network. Sometimes LTE is faster and stronger and the phone might pick that up.

Thanks Dinh, 

I haven't been able to get 5G on either phone over the last couple days (poor weather maybe) but I will try the sim swap. As for the second part of the post...

Yes, I understand that the phone will always pick the stronger band but as I said in my initial post, the two phones were within centimeters of each other as I moved around, my wife’s consistently had 5g while mine did not.

Will update again once I try the swap.

Well, just to close the loop in case someone sees this in the future. I swapped the sims and got 5G after I put my sim back into my phone 5G started working for it. Not sure why but it seems to be consistently working now. So I guess this is resolved. Thanks all for the comments.