No International Network outside Canada

• 15 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Customer : Koodo Monthly

Mobile : Unlocked

Added Add-ons : Intl Voice Roaming, Easy Roam

Type of Mobile OS : Android

Koodo SIM is not working in India since last 10 days.

Since Koodo Customer Care does not have any EMAIL ID to contact, I am stuck up without a solution.

Can anyone help ?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 15 September 2021, 07:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

Koodo SIM is not working in India since last 10 days. Since Koodo Customer Care does not have any EMAIL ID to contact, I am stuck up without a solution.

Can anyone help ?

Did you restart your device when you arrived in India? What about taking out your SIM card and inserting it back into your device? Is data roaming enabled on your device? Have you tried to manually select a network to see if it works?

Since you are currently abroad, you can contact a Koodo rep by sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://m.me/Koodo 

Hi,

Koodo SIM is not working in India since last 10 days. Since Koodo Customer Care does not have any EMAIL ID to contact, I am stuck up without a solution.

Can anyone help ?

Did you restart your device when you arrived in India? What about taking out your SIM card and inserting it back into your device? Is data roaming enabled on your device? Have you tried to manually select a network to see if it works?

Since you are currently abroad, you can contact a Koodo rep by sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://m.me/Koodo 

Hi MilkyWay

Thank you for such prompt response. I had restarted the device after arriving in India. Also took out the SIM Card, inserted again & restarted the device again. Data roaming for Koodo SIM was not enabled since I am only looking to receive SMS and calls.

I had not tried to manually select the networks until I saw your comment. Reason : All 3 networks that were appearing in India were appearing as “forbidden”. After your comment, I tried to test by selecting Vi, It worked ! 

Issue is resolved now.

For anyone else facing the same issue, here are the steps to be completed :

Before OR After arriving in India

1. Add the 3 addons in Koodo Self Serve

1. Easy Roam

2. International Data Roaming

3. International Voice Roaming

​​​​​​​After arriving in India

1. If the above step of including the addons was done after arriving in India, wait for 30 minutes before proceeding to the next steps.

2. Take out the SIM, insert again & restart the mobile

3. Manually select the carrier from one of the 2 options (IND Airtel or Vi India)

Caution : Even after selecting one of the 2 carriers, the network on the Canada Koodo SIM is not continuously available. It usually breaks after every 2 minutes and is restored in next 15 seconds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone models are you using? Was it fully compatible with Indian carriers network? If the phone lacks some local network bands, your roamingservice might not work all the time

Which phone models are you using? Was it fully compatible with Indian carriers network? If the phone lacks some local network bands, your roamingservice might not work all the time

I am using Motorola G6. It is compatible with all the India Carrier Networks as the phone was purchased in India. I have tried using Roaming on India number as well with the same mobile and it works uninterrupted.

The sim has been tested on Motorola G5S as well with similar results.