Koodo Community

Network Coverage Issue

• 8 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am having a Koodo network coverage issue at specific area. (postal code L7C)

It is working fine in other areas. Its been a months and still issue is not resolved.

Couple of tickets raised but no resolution. Is anybody having same issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone model are you using? And are you a postpaid or prepaid customer? I wonder if the issue was related to a specific network band?

I am using Samsung S20 FE and have postpaid connection. It was all working fine till Oct 26.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am using Samsung S20 FE and have postpaid connection. It was all working fine till Oct 26.

That postal code was in a urban area. It was strange to hear they had issue and no one repaired. Was the problem indoor or outdoor by the way? If it is indoor, try to use wifi calling.

Also, do you have another phone to test the SIM card? you could try to put the SIM card in and see if the issue follows.

Koodo is operating on Telus/Bell network, they could send the request to fix but it is depended on other team to do. So I suggest you test and find if there is a workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A Canadian cell tower map might help to pinpoint the affected tower/cell site. The area is populated with Bell cellular towers and only a few TELUS towers. (Bell and TELUS have a network-sharing agreement). You can report the problem to TELUS’s Service Status Site - telus.com/status.

Canadian Cell Towers Map