Koodo Community
Solved

My husband has the Unlimited Long Distance Pack as a perk - does he need the Int'l Long Distance Saver as well?

• 7 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

My husband got the long distance perk. Does he need the Long distance plan as well? What is the difference? thanks

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 7 August 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With the Unlimited Long Distance Pack, you can call 28 countries. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodos-pick-your-perk-plans?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Long%20distance%20perk

If he need to call other than those countries, then you may want to add the ILD saver.

Userlevel 1

And where would I find out what those 28 countries are? I am looking and can’t seem to find the answer. Is Germany by chance included? Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you click on the link that Mayumi provided, it's on the page. It is expanding questions in the FAQ. If you see nothing below “what can I do with a pick your perk plan?” then tap on it to expand, and you'll see the following:

“  You can pick from the following perks (depending on your rate plan) in Self Serve:     

Premium Voicemail: Increase voicemail storage to hold up to 25 messages, and gain access to Instant Voicemail to send voicemails to your device via MMS.     

Unlimited International SMS: Send and receive unlimited international SMS and MMS from Canada free of charge.     

Rollover Data: Keep any of your unused data from your plan and roll it over into the next month.     

Unlimited Long Distance Pack: You can call friends in 28 countries from anywhere in Canada. Included countries are: United States, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and Taiwan. ”

Germany is in the list.

Userlevel 1

thanks everyone for your help!

Would I still have to pay a fee, when I have the international calling perk on my account. My country of choice is in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it’s in the list, then it’s included as per the perk’s description that you’re calling while in Canada to one of the included countries. The fine print also states:

“"Long Distance Calling Pack restrictions: Calls made to phone numbers starting with the following six-digit combinations are not included in this add-on: 559-726, 712-775, 712-432, 605-562, 605-475, and 530-881. Calls made to these numbers will be billed at your standard pay-per-use rate. Macau is not included.”