• 6 replies

Hey, is there any phone plan for a low-income family? Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which plan do you have now?

How much data do you need?

Koodo offers starter plans that are a little cheaper than the non-starter plans. Or, there is the option of going prepaid. Public Mobile offers a plan for $40/mo with 15 GB of data at 4G speed. They are under the same TELUS umbrella as Koodo, so network coverage should be the same. 

Public Mobile | Plans

Thanks for your reply. However I am asking for a specific low-income support phone plan, not the general plan easily found on the website.

My current phone plan is $0 , it is with my home internet plan bundle.. so it is $0 with unlimited talking & text. But no data. So I normally pay $10 for the data monthly, or for 90days , or depends 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a Koodo customer?

You’re welcome. I’m not aware of such a plan, though I could be mistaken. Other Mobile Masters or Koodo reps may chime in if this plan does indeed exist.

It is okay. I am not a Koodo customer yet. But yes, someone posted on Facebook and confirmed her Koodo plan with such conditions, something like low-income .. that is why I am asking for it and how to apply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you are a Shaw customer? Shaw did it because they bundled internet and wireless in one package.  Koodo didn't have something similar as they are only providing cellular service. The option from Koodo were mentioned by Rikkster above.

Also, be careful with Facebook post, especially when they weren't from Koodo official page. There are a lot of scammers out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is okay. I am not a Koodo customer yet. But yes, someone posted on Facebook and confirmed her Koodo plan with such conditions, something like low-income .. that is why I am asking for it and how to apply.

I am not aware of a program offered by Koodo, but the person may have been eligible for the Telus plan for low-income seniors. https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/connecting-canada/connecting-for-good-programs/seniors