Koodo Community
Question

Lost Prime Yearly Membership After Signing Up For Streaming

• 1 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Currently, I have Telus Home Internet and Koodoo Mobile. I sign up for Stream+ in Telus to get Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+. However, my Amazon Prime account already has a yearly membership of $99 dollar. After linking my Telus account with Amazon Prime, I currently don't know where that $99 went. Telus is charging me the full amount and I don't the rest of that $99 dollar getting refunded. I called Telus Home Internet, and they referred me to Telus Mobility, and then Telus Mobility referred me to Koodoo because my phone number is with Koodoo. I am currently $99 down with no answers and don't know where to get one.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

This is from Telus Rep.

Thank you for waiting. Since you have an active Amazon and you signed up for Stream+ online. Automatically, Amazon will be included on the package, however since you ahve a direct subscription with Amazon, you will have to contact amazon of their options for you. As for Stream+, it's part of the package. You can contact Amazon to see your options, this link might help - amazon.ca/contact-us The access will be transferred but the yearly subscription you paid through them will never be transferred to TELUS.

This is what Telus said on their Streaming+ Page

What if I already have a Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime account?
If you already have a Netflix or Amazon Prime account, you will be able to link your existing account so you don't lose your watch history or account details. Once you link your existing account, your billing will transfer over to TELUS.

I would suggest if you want to sign up with any Streaming Package from your providers. You need to be really careful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is to my understanding that your yearly subscription is paused and whenever you cancel paying for amazon through Koodo, then your yearly subscription bought through Amazon should continue.

In saying that though, I would reach out to Amazon to confirm/deny that and see what your options are as the yearly part would’ve been bought and therefore handled by them.

Exactly the question I had.

And, I believe that what Allan says, I have heard before.

Thanks Allan

It is to my understanding that your yearly subscription is paused and whenever you cancel paying for amazon through Koodo, then your yearly subscription bought through Amazon should continue.

In saying that though, I would reach out to Amazon to confirm/deny that and see what your options are as the yearly part would’ve been bought and therefore handled by them.

Currently, I have Telus Home Internet and Koodoo Mobile. I sign up for Stream+ in Telus to get Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+. However, my Amazon Prime account already has a yearly membership of $99 dollar. After linking my Telus account with Amazon Prime, I currently don't know where that $99 went. Telus is charging me the full amount and I don't the rest of that $99 dollar getting refunded. I called Telus Home Internet, and they referred me to Telus Mobility, and then Telus Mobility referred me to Koodoo because my phone number is with Koodoo. I am currently $99 down with no answers and don't know where to get one.

I just got off a 17 minute phone call with Amazon. They canceled my yearly subscription (full refund), and I can now subscribe to stream+.

Very happy and impressed with Amazon there.

Call Amazon. I did this morning. After a 17 minute phone call I got a full refund.