Koodo Community
Question

live voicemail question ios 17

• 12 November 2023
  • 4 replies

So I’m a bit confused- does this mean I don’t need visual voicemail anymore and can stop paying for it?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @vtecman 

If you prefer to use Apple Live Voicemail instead of the Koodo Voicemail, you can still continue to use it along with the Visual Voicemail for a better experience.

More details about the differences between the Koodo Voicemail and the Apple Live Voicemail you can read here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From my experience, the live voicemail is definitely better than visual voicemail. I think Apple also built antispam process with live voicemail. I saw many spam calls were intercepted and sent directly to live voicemail. 

I bit the bullet and removed visual voicemail. Works perfectly!

thanks for your help!

As per an Apple support article, 

“If Visual Voicemail is turned on, voicemails captured by your carrier also appear in the Voicemail tab. If your iPhone is turned off or out of your carrier network's range, calls go to carrier voicemail. Otherwise, the call goes to Live Voicemail.”

I suppose this means that one advantage to Visual Voicemail is your voicemails are also captured in the voicemail tab when your device is off or out of network range. According to Koodo, your personal greeting is also heard with Visual Voicemail and not with Live Voicemail?