Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Home Internet: How do you rate it ?

• 1 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m thinking of trying Koodo Home Internet (with the 30 days’ trial.)
Please tell me your experiences.  Are you satisfied with the download speed? Are you satisfied with the WiFi coverage? Do you see the benefits of WiFi 6? Have you had outages? Anything else you can think of?

Specific questions:
I’m currently billed for Koodo phone service. Will internet service be billed separately?
The “Legal Stuff” says “Costs associated with the return of equipment are the responsibility of the customer.”  Is this true?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't have Koodo internet but they are using Telus network so you should be able to get similar experience of Telus network.

Regarding the questions, I think you would be billed separately. And if the legal stuff said so, it is true. More information can be found bere https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-internet-billing-faqs

Userlevel 1

This page, “Returning Your Hardware”,  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-old-hardware says the following:

Once your box is packed, drop it off at a Canada Post outlet of your choice, and tell them the return ID number PR142924. They’ll print a label for your box at no cost to you.

It says “at no cost to you” !  

So, again, which is correct?  The FAQs or the “Legal Stuff”?  Or, will Koodo charge me the shipping cost after the hardware is returned?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stone 

Thanks for flagging it! 

We have requested clarification regarding the return fee and we will let you know as soon as we have a confirmation. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Flo Koodo 

Thank YOU for your efforts.

I received emails from Koodo about internet service since March 2023. On June 19th, I received 2 emails with the same content, except for the price:  The first quoted $44, then the second quoted $49.

The emails mentioned the initial shipping cost, the 2 year contract requirement, and the early cancellation fee. The latest emails don’t mention any of these, and the price has gone down to $35 (for 60Mbps).

This makes me suspect there hasn’t been many takers on the offers. I, for one, would have signed up earlier if every detail was spelled out correctly, in large print.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will you please share a screenshot of the email that mentions the 2year contract and the cancelation fee? (Please mask any personal info since this a public forum)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Flo Koodo 

I hope these screenshots suit your purposes.

The first screenshot below is from an email I received from Koodo on Sep 21 2023. It was the last email to mention a contract.

The second screenshot is from a subsequent email I received from Koodo on Oct 17 2023.  It doesn’t mention a contract.

A mention was made that Koodo uses the Telus network to provide HiSpeed Internet Service.  I live in Ottawa and there are only 2 residential carriers for Internet Service - Bell Canada (Fibe) and Rogers Communicaions - so what network does Koodo use in Ottawa?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo uses an internet reseller for home internet.

From what I have read, I think it is with Altima Telecom which uses Cogeco, Rogers, Bell, Videotron, and Telus.

For the Koodo service it is unclear if there is an agreement to limit this to 1 or 2 of these wholesalers

Hi Dennis,  Thanks for the reply.  When my Fibe Internet was installed last year, the technician mentioned  3rd Party ISP’s would soon be able to piggy-back on their network.  As I live in a Condo, Bell Fibe has fibre optic right into the equipment cabinet in the unit, but Rogers is limited to RG6 coax.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis,  Thanks for the reply.  When my Fibe Internet was installed last year, the technician mentioned  3rd Party ISP’s would soon be able to piggy-back on their network.  As I live in a Condo, Bell Fibe has fibre optic right into the equipment cabinet in the unit, but Rogers is limited to RG6 coax.

You could  check the internet service availability with this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/shop/subscriptions/internet?INTCMP=KoodoSubscription_ProvinceSelection_OntarioSelected_Sept2023

From their documents, Koodo internet used the coaxial cable connection though.

Thanks Dinh,  Koodo indicates their Internet service is available at my address but if Rogers cable network is the carrier, then I would not be interested in pursuing further.  Rogers Internet upload speed is significantly impacted by concurrent usage in the local network as I experienced this on Zoom meetings.  In this region, Rogers is advertising a migration to a fibre optic network but it’s wishful thinking, as  point-to-point,  they can only offer it partially. Price-wise. adding Koodo Internet Service to my mobile plan, is not a quantum discount either.