Koodo Community

international Easy Roam and 1 866 number

• 11 September 2021
  • 12 replies

If I am in Bahamas and use my international easy roam to dial a Canadian toll free 866 # will it be still included ? 

I have unlimited calls on my regular monthly package .

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As long as it's a Canadian number, you are fine.

Thank you ! It's for West Jet - but it's an 866 number for when your in Bahamas to call. 

So I would believe that would be toll free 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As long as it's the West Jet Canada number it should be fine. You could even use their non toll free number if you're going to easy roam anyways.

When i enter the Canadian toll free number 1 888 937 8538 it shoes as United States... Even though it's the Canadian number?

I dont see any other number to call them at.. and for some reason when I recieve incoming calls they can hear me but I cannot hear them 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When i enter the Canadian toll free number 1 888 937 8538 it shoes as United States... Even though it's the Canadian number?

I dont see any other number to call them at.. and for some reason when I recieve incoming calls they can hear me but I cannot hear them 

If you are too worried about potential charges, you can call their dedicated international line for the Bahamas at 1-866-884-9188. Alternatively, you can also call them at 403-444-2446 if you want a Canadian number. https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact-us/phone/index

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since it is a toll free number it should be fine and you will only talk minutes. But since you have unlimkyed Canada wide talk this should be ok with easy roam. 

I dialed the toll free number listed on their site for Bahamas which was an 866 # yesterday to try it out to see I'd be charged on my usage and I was not.

So it must be a Canadian number.  Last month I had called royal bank of Canada when away and I got charged 500.00 this is why I was asking !

Thanks for the help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe that Bahamas listed under the International Roaming. 

Their site is saying it will be Pay per use charge for North AmericanToll- free from outside of North America.

Thats strange 

I tried calling the toll free number listed for Bahamas yesterday for 3 minutes .. 

I see it on my usage info today but had no charge .

I was testing it to see I did get charged or not 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats strange 

I tried calling the toll free number listed for Bahamas yesterday for 3 minutes .. 

Im thinking...  you used the number from MilkyWay's suggestion?   If so, he gave you the number as mentioned "call their dedicated international line for the Bahamas".  And it seems it's a WJ Nassau Office. So, it's treat as local?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats strange 

Im thinking...  you used the number from MilkyWay's suggestion?   If so, he gave you the number as mentioned "call their dedicated international line for the Bahamas".  And it seems it's a WJ Nassau Office. So, it's treat as local?

ADD : I thought I edited and added this screenshot on my reply. Sorry to see double.