Koodo Community
Question

International call charge Help

• 20 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I made an interional call to cancel a subscription I had in the UK but got put on hold for 93 minutes, Not only did I not manage to get through on hold but I was just looking at my Koodo account and saw an unbilled fee for $180+ I need help because I don’t think I should pay this and I can’t afford to, 

When I bought my contract the sales representative was very clear to me that I would have a spending limit on my account to avoid any additional fees on my monthly bill. I was happy with this because I wanted to avoid any small print items that wasn’t made clear to me when entering the contract. Not only this but there was no warning of this when making the international call so I thought that since it let me there would be no additional charge. 

I’d like to know what possibble solutions there are to this problem. I am happy to pay for the international call add on and get my call back dated to that rate which seems like a fair solution to the problem but I can’t pay this if it becomes billed. I need help asap, if not I will have to cancel my direct debit and leave Koodo. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Spending Limit Program helps you manage your phone charges by setting a spending threshold on your account. Find out your spending limit by logging in to your Self Serve account. What is the amount there? 

My limit should be $0 as that’s what I discussed with the sales associate. Do you know how I can stop this unbilled amount going through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m confused why you thought there would be no additional charge? An international call is an international call. I can flag a rep to look into if it wasn’t supposed to connect due to the spending limit programme, but unless your plan includes calls to the UK, you’re going to pay the pay-per-use rate. 

As for your final paragraph, you can speak with the billing department if they would be willing to adjust retroactively to the lower rate, but I don’t think people have much luck with this these days with Koodo.