Koodo Community
Solved

incoming international texts SMS

• 19 April 2022
  • 8 replies

I am not receiving incoming texts while in Mexico. They are no charge I understand. Do I need Easy Roam activated to receive any incoming text messages? 

Mikey in Poco

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 20 April 2022, 21:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MikeyinPoco Looks like you activated with us online a little over a month ago.  During the online purchase process we always recommend Easy Roam as you only pay for it if and when you use it. Did you opt out of Easy Roam? Indeed you will need either Easy Roam or international data and voice access by themselves.  This page here will guide you what maybe the best option for you and your current situation:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam#

I get to Self serve/ Manage Services/Easy Roam but no Add button to enable it. Also cannot text ROAM to 7626. 

Mikey in Poco

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How to add Easy Roam to your account

Only Authorized users are able to add Easy Roam to an account.

From the Self Serve dropdown menu, select Mobile services

On the Mobile services page, select "Travel with Easy Roam"

On the Easy Roam page, select the "Add to plan" button

You're good to go! You can now use your Koodo phone while travelling abroad.

I do not see an Add to Plan  button on the Easy R

oam page. Am I an authorized user or what is an authorized user ?

MikeyinPoco

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I do not see an Add to Plan  button on the Easy R

oam page. Am I an authorized user or what is an authorized user ?

MikeyinPoco

An authorized user would be the account owner or a person on the account that has been assigned as an authorized user by the account owner. 

Does it show as active in that page? 

When I go to that page I see this, but my easy roam is already active. 

Hello Dennis,

Do not see that screen that you see,however you are active. All I need is to activate Easy Roam but no "add to plan" button under Manage Services/Easy Roam.

Mikey in Poco

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @MikeyinPoco ! 

We have added the Easy Roam options to your account.  You should now be able to use your device abroad. Please restart your device and everything should be working. 

Here is more info on Easy-Roam: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=easy%20roam

Edit: It is recommended to turn DATA and data roaming off in roaming or switch the phone to airplane mode to avoid unwanted charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Personally, I'd suggest turning off data entirely, as just turning off data roaming occasionally allows a small amount of data leakage which has sometimes been known to trigger easy roam charges.