Koodo Community
Question

I want to switch my plan without paying $50

• 29 August 2023
  • 10 replies

I’m just looking to change my plan without paying the $50 charge. I’ve been on calls with 3 different agents and I’m still under the same plan. 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

If you are calling agents to make the switch you will be charged.

If you sign into your account and make the change yourself, you will not be charged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Even if an agent changes the plan for you, the fee is $15, not $50.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@morningowl22 It looks like a lot of the extra charges are for data top ups. You have access to a special plan online that would give you more than 3 times the data you have in your plan today (12gb) and pay the same amount as your current plan ($50). There is no fee for switching plans online. I hope this helps. 

@morningowl22 It looks like a lot of the extra charges are for data top ups. You have access to a special plan online that would give you more than 3 times the data you have in your plan today (12gb) and pay the same amount as your current plan ($50). There is no fee for switching plans online. I hope this helps. 

I try to switch it online and it tells me there’s a problem on my account and to call an agent. I’ve wasted so much time. Spoke to 3 different agents that had no idea what was going on. Trust me i wish it was that easy. I never wanted to purchase data top ups but this system is the most difficult and frustrating. 

If you sign into your account and make the change yourself, you will not be charged.

It says there’s a problem on my account and prompts me to call an agent.

I’ve spoken to 3 different agents and each of them said $50.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@morningowl22 Once payment is made everything should work.

@morningowl22 Once payment is made everything should work.

I’ve been trying to do this for months. If the plan was changed over I would never have to spend outlandish money on data top offs. Last agent I spoke with should of changed my plan. Look at my call logs with Koodo agents and see how much time I’ve wasted. If I have to pay for these data top off’s it will be my last payment with Koodo. Like you pointed out, I can be paying $10 more for 48GBs more of data.

It says there’s a problem on my account and prompts me to call an agent.

Ok you never said that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve spoken to 3 different agents and each of them said $50.