Koodo Community
Solved

How to enable VoLTE on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5g?

• 2 December 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I can’t seem to get outgoing call display to work on my new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5g.  I had it enabled on my A8 (2018) and it says on the Koodo website that it work with this new phone.  Can someone tell me how to activate. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 2 December 2021, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to get call display or volte working? Or both?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To show your outgoing caller ID, tap the the Phone icon, then tap the options menu icon, (three dots in upper right corner of screen) and select Settings. Look for and tap Supplementary services - wait for the phone to stop ‘thinking’ and tap Show caller ID. By default, ‘Network default’ is selected and should display your number. If it doesn’t, select Show number.

To enable VoLTE, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks - slide the toggle switch to the on position. On the same page, make sure the Network mode is set to LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect). 

Userlevel 1

I have the the show caller Id set to Newtwork Default. There is no place on the phone settings under Mobile Networks to turn on VoLTE. Do you know if this is needed to allow name and phone number display on outgoing calls?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the the show caller Id set to Newtwork Default. There is no place on the phone settings under Mobile Networks to turn on VoLTE. Do you know if this is needed to allow name and phone number display on outgoing calls?

It’s possible but with that setting caller ID should default to whatever network the phone is on.  Do you have the VoLTE access add-on in self-serve? There should be an option in Add-ons. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Allan 

I thought I needed VoLTE on in order to get my name to display on outgoing calls (along with my number).   What I really want is for the person I am calling to see my name and number. 

Userlevel 1

Yes I have VoLTE access activated as an add on on my account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I have VoLTE access activated as an add on on my account. 

Try this app. It worked to turn off VoLTE, it may work to turn it on. Similar situation where the VoLTE switch had disappeared for some reason. (Select the option More Network Settings).

Samsung Band Selection app

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, it looks like the VoLTE switch is working. Here’s how to enable outbound calling name display.

How can I add Outbound Calling Name Display to my account?

You can add the feature to your account by following these simple steps:

1. Log in to Self Serve
  2. Select the Self Serve dropdown menu at the top
  3. Select Mobile services
  4. Select Manage add-ons
  5. Under add-Ons, locate Outbound Calling Name Display and select Add to plan

Heads up! It can take up to 24 hours for the account change to take effect.

Outbound Calling Name Display for mobile devices

Userlevel 1

I do have VoLte add on on my account but I can’t make any changes to add on’s for 33 days because I changed my plan.  I assumed if VoLte was active that name display would work for outgoing calls but maybe they have changed something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I do have VoLte add on on my account but I can’t make any changes to add on’s for 33 days because I changed my plan.  I assumed if VoLte was active that name display would work for outgoing calls but maybe they have changed something.

Interesting and good point. I would have thought that since you had outbound calling name display previously on your A8, the add-on would remain on your account. I’ve flagged a rep.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 1

I just checked my transaction history in my account and they cancelled outbound name display when I purchased my new phone. I wonder how I can go about getting re-instated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Babs 

The Outbound Calling Name Display is now added to your line, please try restarting the device and let us know here if it works.

Userlevel 1

Now on my add ons it appears it has been added on again. Not sure what is going on.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Flo. It is working now.