Koodo Community
Solved

First Canadian SIM

• 29 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi! I am new in Canada (Montreal) as an International Student. I do not have a canadian number yet, but I would very much like to receive one with a monthly plan for my existing phone. 

However, I can’t order one of your SIM Cards as I do not have a canadian numer yet (which is required at CheckOut). Moreover, I could pay online with Visa or Mastercard, is one of the options okay?

Otherwise, I can also visit a store of Koodo and buy my new SIM Card in person, however I am a little confused right now as I do not understand how to get a Canadian SIM Card for the first time. 

Thank you very much, any help is highly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 29 August 2021, 20:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi! I am new in Canada (Montreal) as an International Student. I do not have a canadian number yet, but I would very much like to receive one with a monthly plan for my existing phone. 

However, I can’t order one of your SIM Cards as I do not have a canadian numer yet (which is required at CheckOut). Moreover, I could pay online with Visa or Mastercard, is one of the options okay?

Otherwise, I can also visit a store of Koodo and buy my new SIM Card in person, however I am a little confused right now as I do not understand how to get a Canadian SIM Card for the first time. 

Thank you very much, any help is highly appreciated! 

At this point, you may be better off ordering a prepaid SIM card instead. You can visit this link for more information. https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need a valid canadian credit card to order online. If you don’t have this then you can visit a store and they can walk you through everything!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Read this thread. It will guide you thru signing up and paying for prepaid. You will need a Canadian credit card and credit history to qualify for a post-paid plan.