Koodo Community
Question

Cost of extra min over and above my plan

Hi all,

My monthly plan allows me 60 min a month. Can anyone tell me how much per min Koodo charges if you go over your minutes? I am only calling local in Toronto, not long distance.

Thank you,

Sue

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You must have a really old plan. In that case overage charge is vary and you need to contact Koodo to get the rate.

Can you go to the Koodo chat > enter unlimited minutes. 
Thy might offer you an  “ unlimited minutes “ add- on for $5/mo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the overage rate doesn’t show in your self-serve for plan details, you’ll have to do as Mayumi said. I’d look at a newer plan in the near term, depending on what you’re paying vs what it would cost now. I’m trying to google an old plan table of Koodo but I don’t see any that’s only 60. Is this back from like 2009 or something?

Hi Goran & Mayumi

Thank you both for the info. I started with Koodo in 2015. My plan is calling & text only. 60 min of calling per month for $25 + tax. 

I am considering changing plans, but not right now. I have never gone over my limit other than once and it was so long ago I don’t remember what they charged me. I tried to find out here, on the site but there is nothing. I’m assuming the rate of .60 per min I did see is for long distance, not local calling. At least I hope. I saw actually two different amounts, so have no idea what the actual cost is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Goran & Mayumi

Thank you both for the info. I started with Koodo in 2015. My plan is calling & text only. 60 min of calling per month for $25 + tax. 

I am considering changing plans, but not right now. I have never gone over my limit other than once and it was so long ago I don’t remember what they charged me. I tried to find out here, on the site but there is nothing. I’m assuming the rate of .60 per min I did see is for long distance, not local calling. At least I hope. I saw actually two different amounts, so have no idea what the actual cost is.

From this link,  it is $0.7/min https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

$25 plan seems to be an outdated plan. I recommend you to look into “starter plans” of Koodo. They might be better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or if you have a $25 talk& text plan, then you can consider to switch to prepaid plan too.

Same $25 plan gives you unlimited talk and text plus some data.

And with prepaid, you never get overage charge.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

Hi Dinh,

Thank you very much for the link. I wonder why I could not find what you found. Strange. I will check it out. I would imagine my plan is outdated. Everything I own is outdated, tech wise. I am going to look into another plan soon.

Have a good evening.

Hi Mayumi,

I did not know that. So I’m paying the same amount for far less. That’s a joke. Thank you. I will check out the link and see what’s what. Would be nice not to be charged any overage fees. 

Have a good night.

Hi Dinh,

I checked the link you sent just now. It is .70 per min, not .7 cents per min. It’s going to cost me a fortune on my next bill. I doubt there is anyway to backtrack my plan so I don’t have to pay the extra on my next bill. You can’t talk to anyone at Koodo without paying for it. It’s ridiculous. When I first signed up with Koodo, you could talk to a person and it didn’t cost you anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$0.70 = $0.7

Othwrwise it would be $0.07

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh,

I checked the link you sent just now. It is .70 per min, not .7 cents per min. It’s going to cost me a fortune on my next bill. I doubt there is anyway to backtrack my plan so I don’t have to pay the extra on my next bill. You can’t talk to anyone at Koodo without paying for it. It’s ridiculous. When I first signed up with Koodo, you could talk to a person and it didn’t cost you anything. 

It still doesn't cost you anything to talk to rep.

If you ask them to do something that can be done through self serve, then they will charge you.

So, if you call them and ask them what is the actual cost for you for the overage charges, then they don't charge you.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for clarifying the cost. That is very high for overage minutes. I can call long distance with other providers for less than this. It’s ridiculous!

I went to the link for the mobile masters you gave. There is nothing there to be able to ask a question of a mobile master. How would I do this?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also keep your current plan and simply add an Unlimited Anytime Minutes add-on for an additional $5/month. Simply text "MOREMIN" to 7780 and wait for a message with more details and instructions on how to add this to your line.

As for backtracking to avoid past overage charges, that would be something you have to chat with a rep about and there’s no guarantee.

And to answer your other question, everyone that has replied to this thread so far are part of the Mobile Master program so you’re asking us questions right now!

Hi Mayumi,

Thank you for letting me know. I know the first time I ever called them, the message, before you speak to someone, stated “you will be charged on your bill for any information from our tech’s you are requesting”. This was back when I first signed up in 2015. Maybe it’s changed.  I never called again because I did not want to pay. This is why I’ve stayed with the same plan. I was afraid to call. I don’t care what they put on their web site. I want to talk to an actual person so I can get the information I want, not what they have online. I went to one of the Koodo booths near me back in November. It was a multi service booth, not just Koodo. They could not answer my questions about new plans with Koodo. They put a call into Koodo to have them call me back. They did call me back, but because I was in a mall with a LOT of noise around I never heard my phone ring. So I never got any information. I should have stayed near the booth, but I had no idea how long it would take for them to call me. I had things to do. I wasn’t going to call them back myself for the reason I stated above. No one was at the booth when I went back. Must have gone for dinner or whatever. I left and never got any answers. I haven’t been back since. I don’t want to go through that again.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the information. I doubt they will backdate the change, but it’s worth a try.  I did not know I was going to have this problem switching from Roger’s to Distributel. I’ve never had this problem before switching from any plans to another company. 

As for the mobile master issue, I realize all who have responded are “mobile masters”. I just thought there was an actual link to all of you to ask questions. My apologies!