Koodo Community
Question

Conflicting add-ons when activating Amazon Prime when existing Prime subsciption exists.

• 21 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I have subscibed to Amazon+, Disney+ and Netflix through Koodo. When I try to activate my subscription to Amazon+, I get the error "You already have an active Prime membership on this account. Existing Prime members are ineligible for this offer”.  When I go to Prime to de-activate my Prime subscription, it also won't let me deactivate it because it says I'm subscibed through a Koodo package”. This is a vicious circle, so how do I go about this.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jag_Dieppe We see both Nertflix and Disney+ are activated and working.  So it’s definitely not Stream+ or something on our side preventing your Prime activation.

In some circumstances, you may encounter an error “You already have an active Prime membership on this account. Existing Prime members are ineligible for this offer,” because your account needs Prime handled manually. If this occurs, please contact Amazon support for assistance at 1-888-280-4331 with your existing Prime membership and then return to complete linking your Amazon account on our site.  I hope this helps,  pls let us know if it soves the issue.

As per above, I called Amazon to cancel my Prime membership.  They did cancel it.  I went back the next day to try activating my Amazon TV subscirption through Koodo and still get the same error as above.  So the suggestion above did not work.

Note:  Amazon asked that I wait till the end of the month before the Prime membership is deactivated, so will wait till May 1st, 2024.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Note:  Amazon asked that I wait till the end of the month before the Prime membership is deactivated, so will wait till May 1st, 2024.

THis last part is important.

Canceling is not enough. The membership needs to expire