Koodo Community
Solved

Change rate plan on the behalf of my daughter

• 3 February 2022
  • 11 replies

I created my Koodo account(1) for my childern 4 years ago, and I have another Koodo account(2) for my husband and myself.

That is, all of my 4 family member are using Koodo.

Among us, my daughter( secondary student ) is using $33 for only 250MB. Actually she complains that.

Because, her father and brother are using $30 for 2 GB. 

So, I would like to change her plan to $30 for 2 GB, the same one as her father and brother’s.

How can I do that? She is too young to tell this kind of issue with a unfamiliar someone.

So, I would like to do that on her behalf. How can I?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 4 February 2022, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you were the one who created the accounts for your childrens, you were the owners of thoses (not them). To change the plan, you could go to selfserve and do it there. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan

Thank you.

Yes, I am the owner of the account.

To change the rate plan, I went to selfserve like you recommended in the above.

However, as my daughter’s plan is $33 higher, $30 plan is not available in the plan I can choose to change.

Right?

Please, let me know how I can choose $30 for 2GB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you.

Yes, I am the owner of the account.

To change the rate plan, I went to selfserve like you recommended in the above.

However, as my daughter’s plan is $33 higher, $30 plan is not available in the plan I can choose to change.

Right?

Please, let me know how I can choose $30 for 2GB.

Eh, Where did you see the $30 2Gb? Did you mean the starter plan? It was $35 for 3Gb (3G speed though)

My husband and son are using $30 for 2GB.

Both of them changed their original plan to the $30 for 2GB, which was displayed on the option for new plan on their selfserve.

But, in my daughter’s case, the $30 for 2GB  has never been displayed on her selfserve.

In fact, she can change to the other mobile service for better plan, now.

Before changing, I’m trying to ask you how I can keep Koodo mobile by just changing the rate plan she want, $30 for 2GB. 

Can you help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Before changing, I’m trying to ask you how I can keep Koodo mobile by just changing the rate plan she want, $30 for 2GB. 

That plan is no longer offered by Koodo so unless you have a special promotion in your account, you won’t be able to switch to it.

Thank you!

If so, is it possible for me to change my daughter’s plan to $35 for 3GB?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you!

I am afraid that plan is not available on rate plan change for existing customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you have so many lines with Koodo, I would contact them and ask. They will probably give you a personal offer if you are polite and persistent.

You can send them a message on Facebook or Twitter, or schedule a call back with the digital assistant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you!

Yes it is possible to switch with the aid of a Rep. Currently you cannot change itnyoruself in self-serve but a Rep will be able to. If yoh send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter you'll be able to grt the assistance you need to change to it or any other “starter” plan

Since you have so many lines with Koodo, I would contact them and ask. They will probably give you a personal offer if you are polite and persistent.

You can send them a message on Facebook or Twitter, or schedule a call back with the digital assistant.

Thank you~~

My daughter’s name is the same as yours. ~~

Thank you for your replying~~ Very very helpful~~

Thank you!

Yes it is possible to switch with the aid of a Rep. Currently you cannot change itnyoruself in self-serve but a Rep will be able to. If yoh send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter you'll be able to grt the assistance you need to change to it or any other “starter” plan

Thank you for your replying. Very very helpful~~