Koodo Community
Question

Can't Subscribe to Stream+

I want to sign up for Stream+, but no matter what credit card details I enter, it says there was an issue processing my payment. I am sure that the postal code is correct, I’ve also cleared my brower’s cache and it is still not working. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the name and address of credit card the same as yours? I assumed it was a Canadian credit card?

As well, are you a Koodo customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Faith Larissa I see that you have auto-pay (aka pre-auth) for your mobile services. Are you using the same card when trying to sign up for Stream+?

Is the name and address of credit card the same as yours? I assumed it was a Canadian credit card?

As well, are you a Koodo customer?

Yes, I’m a Koodo customer and its a Canadian credit card. The name and address of the credit card are the same that are listed on my Koodo account.

@Faith Larissa I see that you have auto-pay (aka pre-auth) for your mobile services. Are you using the same card when trying to sign up for Stream+?

Yes, I am using the same card with the same name and the same address.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Welp, that’s a bit weird it’s not working even though they’re the same, I suggest if you don’t want to deal with anymore of the headache to schedule a call back with a rep through your self serve and they can add it for you and if you didn’t want to do it through a phone call you can contact them through social media such as Facebook or X etc 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Faith Larissa Let us take a look into it. I see a couple of others having similar challenges, yet hundreds others are being processed without a problem. As soon as we find something we will let you know here. 

I’ve resolved the issue by scheduling a call back with a customer service rep. In case anyone else is wondering, make sure you complete the transaction on a computer using Google Chrome. Also, use an actual credit card (not a Visa debit card or similar). Note that that it does not have to be the same card that is used for your existing Koodo bills.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Faith Larissa Did the rep suggest your browser may have been causing the issue? And switching to Chrome solved the issue?

@Faith Larissa Did the rep suggest your browser may have been causing the issue? And switching to Chrome solved the issue?

Yes, the rep suggested that the browser may have been causing the issue. Switching to Chrome did solve the issue. The credit card did not work when I tried it in Samsung Internet and Microsoft Edge, but it did end up working in Chrome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Faith Larissa Thanks for sharing that! Enjoy Stream+, it is indeed a great deal!