Koodo Community
Solved

Billing and name change

• 7 October 2021
  • 9 replies

HI, I have 3 lines on my account and the one keeps saying that i need to check later to manage anything. I need to port 2 numbers soon. How do I change a the name display for the main number? 

The other two allow me to check the sim number and such.

help!

icon

Best answer by Robert T 7 October 2021, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is probably because this account isn’t managed by you. Was it created under someone else’s name or another e-mail address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have 3 numbers on your koodo account and you want to port 2 out? Or are you porting 2 numbers into koodo? 

No, I actually activated the line for a family member and will bring two numbers over from Rogers. So I had to activate two lines and eventually transfer the numbers. But I can’t  seem to get into the one line. Which I will need access to to port that one number from Rogers to Koodo. I followed the steps

1. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  2. Next to Manage your phone number, select Manage.
  3. Select Transfer your phone number, then fill in the required information.

but the mobile services are not avail and to try again later.

I also need to change the name for the first phone I brought over since it’s my husbands. It’s odd I can’t change the display name

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, but that family member have an e-mail to sign into the first line, right? I think the problem comes from the fact that you didn’t use the same e-mail address the that family member gave when singing up

Well I look after all mobility in the family. It’s just odd. I will call in. People underage can’t have a plan so the parent would have to sign up for them. Which means there should be option to change the display name. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, but did you ever try and access that part before and it worked out? 

Yes it works for the other two numbers. But I checked it again and got in. Possibly could have been delayed giving me access to transfer the number. 

but now how to I change the name for the first number I transferred. I guess I will have to call eventually 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it works for the other two numbers. But I checked it again and got in. Possibly could have been delayed giving me access to transfer the number. 

but now how to I change the name for the first number I transferred. I guess I will have to call eventually 

You have to contact Koodo to change the name unfortunately. It cant be done in self serve 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the name. All the lines under your account will be under your name as the main account holder.