Koodo Community
Question

AloSIM

• 28 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I travel around the world a it and signed up for AloSIM. However when I try to install the sim on iPhone pro max 13 I get an error that the device does not support esim technology. 
Any ideas?

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When exactly are you getting this error. After you have purchased the esim and when you go to add it to your phone?

Could you share a screenshot of the error you’re getting?

Yea correct. 
I purchase the esim

I click on “install to phone”

then I get the error . See screenshot below

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try to reset network settings of the phone? I wonder if that error was caused by the current local SIM settings.

Did that… not working. Asked my daughter to send me a screenshot of hers. See comparison below. The first one is hers and the second one is mine. I miss the add eSim option.

important detail I missed in the first post and might be the issue. I have a dual sim iPhone 13promax that I bought from Dubai. I understand these phones are not sold in North America. So I can physically add two SIM cards and that works fine. But I don’t get the esim option even when I remove the second sim and only leave one. 

I think I found the answer from Apple:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254583239?answerId=258559887022#258559887022

my phone was made for the Hong Kong market and does not support esim 😩. I can only have dual SIM cards.