Koodo Community
Question

Will Koodo be adding 5G?

• 5 June 2023
  • 6 replies

As someone who seems interested in 5G technology, came to my wonders on whether or not Koodo will be adding 5G in 2023? I am a Koodo customer, and my Koodo iPhone is displaying 5G network options in it’s cellular data settings.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the news, it seems there is no plan for 5G with Koodo soon https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2023/05/24/koodo-5g-plans-not-coming-telus/

It might come in later date though, but Koodo won’t share that information publicly.

Regarding the iPhone option, it was the way many carriers did, but your phone wouldn’t connect to 5G network as of now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To make 5G work properly requires implementing many more towers since the signal is not as robust. Consequently, it’s really only available in some major North American cities where coverage is concentrated.

Providers are great at advertising techology that offers lightning speeds… but probably only within a few blocks of head office downtown.

If you live in a rural or less favoured area, it will probably be years before 5G sees the light of day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As someone who seems interested in 5G technology, came to my wonders on whether or not Koodo will be adding 5G in 2023? I am a Koodo customer, and my Koodo iPhone is displaying 5G network options in it’s cellular data settings.

If you are looking for 5G plans, you may want to consider Public Mobile, a sister company of Koodo.

Than i want you to start  to add 5G service to all Koodo plans right now.

And i will share that info publicly for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can post this as an idea, but ultimately it is up to the Parent company, Telus.  But honestly it just a matter of time.  That time may be longer than you or I would like