Skip to main content

My Cell is with Koodo, but I also have a landline with Telus. I used to be able to call my cell from the landline when I couldn’t find my phone. (I live by myself) But now it goes straight to voicemail on cell, doesn’t even ring. I spent some time with Telus tech support and both phones are in working order. Telus says the problem is with the cell. So after spending 40 mins on hold ( unable to stay on hold at the time) the tech I was talking to said that the phone needs to be reset and he was going to put me on hold with a different tech, who could reset the phone. So I am wondering if there is a simple solution or get another call back from Koodo? 
Thanks,

Wendylea

My Cell is with Koodo, but I also have a landline with Telus. I used to be able to call my cell from the landline when I couldn’t find my phone. (I live by myself) But now it goes straight to voicemail on cell, doesn’t even ring. I spent some time with Telus tech support and both phones are in working order. Telus says the problem is with the cell. So after spending 40 mins on hold ( unable to stay on hold at the time) the tech I was talking to said that the phone needs to be reset and he was going to put me on hold with a different tech, who could reset the phone. So I am wondering if there is a simple solution or get another call back from Koodo? 
Thanks,

Wendylea

Did you put your phone on silent mode? Was it turned off when you last saw it?

If your phone is compatible with wifi calling, have you considered setting it up? You would be able to receive calls at home with your wifi connection. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

My Cell is with Koodo, but I also have a landline with Telus. I used to be able to call my cell from the landline when I couldn’t find my phone. (I live by myself) But now it goes straight to voicemail on cell, doesn’t even ring.

If your phone is not capable of VoLTE, sometimes the phone is unable to quickly switch to 3G mode for the incoming call fast enough. You can test forcing your phone to 3G mode (aka HSPA/WCDMA) to see if it helps with the incoming call.

Another thought is if you have enabled any modes that block unknown or anonymous callers. The block triggers the “busy” conditional forward which by default immediately directs a call to your voicemail. From your land line try calling with caller ID blocked to see if it changes the behaviour at all. I believe you would prefix *67 when dialing from the land line.