Koodo Community

voicemail number unavailable

• 16 October 2021
  • 6 replies

When I hold down the “1” to access voicemail it says “voicemail number unavailable”. When I go into the voicemail settings to check it shows no voicemail number assigned, but you can’t click on anything to input a number.

any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did it work in the past? Are you a new customer or an existing one. 

Also, you could try to reset network settings of the phone and see if the phone can automatically fix it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I hold down the “1” to access voicemail it says “voicemail number unavailable”. When I go into the voicemail settings to check it shows no voicemail number assigned, but you can’t click on anything to input a number.

any thoughts?

Whereabouts do you live? You should be able to input the voicemail access number according to your location. 

I have used the voicemail function for years, and it always just dialed in when I touched the voicemail icon, but suddenly I have this same problem -- I can enter the voicemail number, but it won’t automatically come up.  My husband’s phone (same account) doesn’t have this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have used the voicemail function for years, and it always just dialed in when I touched the voicemail icon, but suddenly I have this same problem -- I can enter the voicemail number, but it won’t automatically come up.  My husband’s phone (same account) doesn’t have this issue.

Does it work when you try dialing 1 on your phone to access your voicemail instead? 

I can access it by dialing my own number, but when i try to access it through dialing 1, i get to the setup menu and at the 'set voicemail number' it's greyed out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @crisco111 As a workaround, you can set any one of the local voicemail access numbers across canada in one of your other speed dials (ie “2”) and it should function the same:

https://community.koodomobile.com/articles%2Dby%2Dkoodo%2D232899/voicemail%2Daccess%2Dnumbers%2D7804676