Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to log into wireless home phone

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve had the wireless home phone for about a year now and have had no real issues until now.

About 2 weeks ago I no longer got a dial tone.

I have connected my handset directly into the Alcatel hub - no change - still no dial tone.

The battery is fully charged and I get all the bars lit up for the signal.

I have tried logging into the home phone at 192.168.1.1 as per the user guide and am not able to reach it (no response).

I have no network issues.

I have tried pinging 192.168.1.1 and receive no response.

I have a standard network config. My Telus router is located at 192.168.1.254 - so no conflict there and I have no other routers on the network.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by arguejon 2 September 2021, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Alcatel hub you have has an internet component to it but not through Koodo. Since you are only using the phone portion of it, it's not hooked up to your home network so you can't login to it like you mentioned you were trying to do.

Have you tried unplugging the device, removing your sim card for 30 seconds, then putting it all back together and plugging it back in?

The Alcatel hub you have has an internet component to it but not through Koodo. Since you are only using the phone portion of it, it's not hooked up to your home network so you can't login to it like you mentioned you were trying to do.

Have you tried unplugging the device, removing your sim card for 30 seconds, then putting it all back together and plugging it back in?

Thanks! That worked!