Koodo Community
Question

Unable to get a talk to koodo about poor reception

I live in Beamsville ON and our cell service it terrible. I’ve been trying to get a hold of a live person but I’m always directed to schedule a call back. Unfortunately the service in my area is so bad that all my calls just go to voicemail. How do I talk to a live person if I can’t get a call back?

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was it indoor or outdoor signal that you had issue with? was it working fine in the past? 

As well, which phone model are you using? And how about people living around you?

Both indoor and outdoor. My signal has never been great but this is the first time I’ve been unable to get a hold of koodo since it looks like you have to do a call back and you can’t call directly.

I have a iphone 13 (from koodo). and it actually looks like it a tower issue in my area. Many of my neighbors have the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Both indoor and outdoor. My signal has never been great but this is the first time I’ve been unable to get a hold of koodo since it looks like you have to do a call back and you can’t call directly.

I have a iphone 13 (from koodo). and it actually looks like it a tower issue in my area. Many of my neighbors have the same issue.

Have you tried using wi-fi calling when you are indoors? This does require the VoLTE add-on to be included on your Self-Serve account. We can flag a rep to assist you. 

Yes. I have wifi calling enabled. I can make calls just fine but receiving them is a issue (including from Koodos own callback system). They go straight to voicemail 

A big issue for me is that Koodo has no way to contract them. They have to call you back…. you can’t call them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to contact them to inform them of the tower issue?  Or are you trying to contact them about something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried switching your iPhone to 3G?

Switching to this network mode may help with signal reception. If this is indeed a tower issue, then you will see little improvement in signal strength on 3G. 

To switch to 3G, go to Settings > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data - select 3G. Monitor signal strength. Try to initiate another callback if signal strength is more than two to three bars on 3G. 

Are you trying to contact them to inform them of the tower issue?  Or are you trying to contact them about something else?

Yes. For a tower issue. Apparently this is a issue for other in my area an not just me. 

Have you tried switching your iPhone to 3G?

Switching to this network mode may help with signal reception. If this is indeed a tower issue, then you will see little improvement in signal strength on 3G. 

To switch to 3G, go to Settings > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data - select 3G. Monitor signal strength. Try to initiate another callback if signal strength is more than two to three bars on 3G. 

Oh! Good idea. I’ll give that a try! Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the phone was an newer iPhone and runing ios16, the option to select 3G was gone. You would only have 5G auto/5G and LTE. 3G only mode was hidden. 

Anyway, I recommend you try to enable wifi calling for indoor signal issue. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling
For outdoor signal issue, I would check with other living nearby to see if they had similar issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. For a tower issue. Apparently this is a issue for other in my area an not just me. 

You can report an outage here

https://www.telus.com/en/outages