Koodo Community
Question

support

Koodo assist and call back are useless. How can I speak to an actual person for support without having to go through these frustrating and useless avenues? 

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would you consider asking here and getting help in almost real time as useless too? If not, try us :)

If so, I have no difficulties getting a call back - what doesn’t work in your case?

The call back comes, I press 1 as directed and it hangs up on me. Then the only option to try to get support is to go through the online assistant again and wait to hopefully have a successful call the next day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oof, yes that happens sometimes… in that case I’m afraid you will have to try again indeed.

Is your question something we can help you with in the meantime? Don’t post any personal information though, as this is a public forum.

Doubt it. Hours on the phone with tech support and having already sent my phone away hasn't fixed it. So unless you can replace my phone with a new one I don't see the issue being resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see… right you are, you definitely need support for that. Another way to contact them directly is through Facebook or Twitter DM, though it won’t be instant like a phone conversation would be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is wrong with the phone?

What did koodo say when you sent the phone away? Did you send it away via kiosk or through a mailer with a rep? 

The phone does not consistently/reliably connect to either data or wifi and randomly stops sending/receiving text messages. I have to restart it or restore the connection settings to fix it. 

When speaking with tech support in the past what I've been doing plus factory resetting the phone are the only solutions they give me. When it was sent away they basically just did a factory reset and nothing else. None of those are ongoing solutions. The phone needs to be replaced.

And it was sent away through a local store that is considered a koodo/telus retailer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you purchase the phone?

There should be a warranty on the "repair" of the phone. Have you attempted to go back to the store to properly inform them that yes a factory reset fixes the issue but the issue always reappears after you do *insert action* or after *insert time* number of days?

It would be best if you can reproduce the issue after immediately after the factory reset.

Ultimately this is a manufacturer issue since they made the phone and own the warranty. Is the phone purchased on a tab? Is it a Samsung or iPhone? 

I spent an hour on the phone trying to address this already this morning. Was told by koodo they would replace the phone then put through to samsung who said they would repair it. The repair would take 3-5 days but there would be no temporary phone supplied during that time. To me that is an unacceptable "solution". I'm not waiting for yet another call back since samsung apparently could not transfer me back to koodo. At this point the only "solutions " acceptable are a new phone being sent to me or canceling my tab and I will leave koodo but I won't be paying a single cent to do so. 

Having been a koodo customer for over 10 years it is so disappointing to see how poor their customer service has become over the years. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Lkw,

Not even Apple are giving a loaner phone if you walk-in for a repair. I know Koodo had a lonerphone (at a cost) when you send a phone for repair through them. Maybe try exploring this option?

I've already sent it away through koodo and was provided a loaner phone at no cost but they're saying it has to go through samsung for repairs. Inconveniencing me further by either making me pay for a loaner phone or not providing me one is not an acceptable solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I guess the problem is solved since you have a loaner at the moment and free of charge on top of that, no? 

No. That was at the beginning of the month. The phone has since come back with the same ongoing issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree this is very inconvenient. The blame here lies with the manufacturer, which is Samsung. Samsung is the one who made the defective phone. Samsung is the one who created and owns the warranty. If anything koodo is the middle man trying to help facilitate the warranty between Samsung and the phone device owner.

It is of course 100% your choice if you want to leave koodo over this, but this would be a similar experience with other carriers or they may refer you deal with Samsung directly.

I also want to note that I understand your frustration over getting a lemon of a phone. I know it's very disappointing. But leaving koodo and not paying your tab is only going to hurt your credit history. If you don't care about your credit history then take that for what it is. But if you do care, it's something to be aware of especially if you have plans to obtain a loan sometime in the future. 

I wouldn't neglect to pay my tab, I'm saying I want an actual solution from koodo that isn't going to cost me money so they can erase my tab (which I know they are more than capable of doing) or I want my phone replaced. If they want to facilitate sending my phone to samsung and giving me a loaner phone in the meantime I'd accept that too. But I'm going to be further inconvenienced by samsung or koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you here. I'm not sure if they will give you a different answer but it's worth a try. 

Thanks 👍anything is worth a shot at this point. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lkw 

Sorry about this experience! 

We can see that you managed to get in touch with our customer care in the meantime and they offered to visit a store nearby to have a loaner phone and send your phone back to Samsung for repair. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks!