Koodo Community
Solved

scam call or legit?

• 29 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello I need some help from you guys!

I did a stupid thing ever!

I got phone call from +1 (844) 962-1419 says call from Telus. I didn’t answer few times but on third call I did.

The guy was offering me the new phone plan which was with Koodo 50G/$34. I thought it’s a good deal so decided to go for it.

long story short,  it was after my nap so my brain was 100% working and gave all my information (address, full name, phone number, date of birth and SIN NUMBER!!!! he needed because I didn’t have driver license)

After the call I got confirmation email from noreply@koodomobile.com says my order is in process.

And agreement from do.not.reply@koodomobile.com

After hanging up the phone call I felt it was a scam so I called them back and cancel it. I got cancelation email from koodoservice@mail.koodomobile.com

Could someone check if this was scam or legit?

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 29 December 2023, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@wkwk02 It is totally legit. Very good offer too! It is cancelled now. If you call that number they may be able to reactivate.

Userlevel 1

If I were you, I would go in person to your local koodo/telus store and ask about it. You could also log into your self serve acct and check out the offers on line and make any changes yourself 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Purple J The stores won’t have the same access to info then what we have here. They will simply tell the OP to call.  That’s why we jumped in here to re-assure, the call was legit. 

@Bernard Koodo 

I saw the topic that email from @mail.koodomobile.com is not the official email. Is that true?

Also is there phone call history on my account that someone called me and I canceled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@wkwk02 emails with extensions “koodomobile.com” would only come from Koodo.  And yes, we see an account was opened with the offer and subsequently cancelled.