Koodo Community
Question

qr reader

• 11 December 2022
  • 8 replies

I have a Samsung Galaxy A20 and it has no qr code reader, is there away I can download one to my homepage of my phone 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually with Samsung you just need to point your camera at the QR code and it will show you options what to do with it - doesn’t that work for you?

No it doesn't have any qr reader on it.  I tried downloading one but unable to put it to my main page 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should be available in the quick settings. (You could scroll down from the top of the screen to get the Quick setting open). If it didn’t show up there, you could select the settings (the tri-dot) and there should be options to add it to Quick setting menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The QR code reader seems to be a part of Samsung Internet which is Samsung’s own browser. To launch Samsung Internet, tap the menu icon > ☰ (in the bottom right corner) and go to > Settings > Customize menu and drag the QR code scanner from the grey area to the menu. 

To find Samsung Internet, go to Settings > scroll down and tap on Apps. Under Choose default apps, tap Browser app and select Samsung Internet as the default browser. If the app is not listed under Choose default apps, scroll down through the apps until you find Samsung Internet.

If Samsung Internet is not installed on your phone you can download the app from Google Play Store or Galaxy Apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So did you try using the camera app on a qr code or not?

I tried that and it doesn't work.  There is nothing showing in settings for qr reader 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the qr code reader is not working on your phone, there are a lot of third-party qr reader/scanner apps available on the Google Play Store to choose from. I’ve used the app in the link below on an aging Galaxy S7 with good results. When downloaded, you’ll be looking for an app called QR Scanner. You can drag the app from your app library to your home screen for easier access.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trendmicro.qrscan

Thank you for the information,  I will do that.