Koodo Community
Question

Promotional text messages

• 6 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, I have account with 3 lines of which I am the owner and yet all promotional text messages are being texted to my wife’s number, they’re addressed to me but sent to her number. How do I make a change to have them sent to my number instead. Thank you in advance for your help.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Promo texts get sent according to an algorithm. Did you block promotional texts from koodo previously? 

If there a promo she was offered that you are interested in? 

Hi, thanks for your help. No I haven’t block anything, I’m getting texts about my bills but not offers. No I’m not particularly interested in any of the offers she’s getting but as the owner of the account I think I should be getting offers as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, thanks for your help. No I haven’t block anything, I’m getting texts about my bills but not offers. No I’m not particularly interested in any of the offers she’s getting but as the owner of the account I think I should be getting offers as well.

As your wife is using a number of your account. Koodo doesn’t know which number is your or hers. They assumed  3 numbers are all yours.

Anyway, which offer was it? Promotional offer was generated based on certain criteria by Koodo automated system. It is not uncommon to see one number on the same account had but the other didn’t. If you want, you could try to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into it. They might be able to offer you the same offer.

Thank you for clearing that up, appreciate it.