Koodo Community
Solved

Port Number Issue (Extremely frustrating Issue)

• 3 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Everyone, 

I’ve signed up for Koodo Mobile yesterday and I’ve had the unfortunate circumstance of facing difficulties at almost every stage of the signup process. I requested to port my number from Freedom, but spent the last 48 hours in the blank. Koodo has informed me that Freedom and Virgin Mobile have been experiencing issues with their service and have been unable to send a Port Request SMS.

Therefore, the Koodo Customer Service Rep changed my temporary number in hopes of pushing through the request. That attempt initially failed and I had to endure a 48 hour wait before randomly getting a Port SMS. Upon accepting and replying “YES” my original number was disconnected and upon putting the new Koodo sim card in my phone the number was never ported (or potentially ported to the original temporary number assigned). 

In any event, I’ve setup three call backs and I can’t manage to receive any assistance.  The automated system asks me to select “1 to talk to a representative” and then the call automatically drops. 

My original number is extremely important for my business, and now I’m left in the dark with no ability to reach the customer service team. This has been an extremely frustrating experience, and I was wondering if any Koodo representative can reach out and assist me with this ongoing port number issue. 

Many Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 3 October 2021, 03:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d suggest trying another number if possible in the morning for a callback. You can also send a private message to Koodo via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter to have the issue looked into.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Everyone, 

I’ve signed up for Koodo Mobile yesterday and I’ve had the unfortunate circumstance of facing difficulties at almost every stage of the signup process. I requested to port my number from Freedom, but spent the last 48 hours in the blank. Koodo has informed me that Freedom and Virgin Mobile have been experiencing issues with their service and have been unable to send a Port Request SMS.

Therefore, the Koodo Customer Service Rep changed my temporary number in hopes of pushing through the request. That attempt initially failed and I had to endure a 48 hour wait before randomly getting a Port SMS. Upon accepting and replying “YES” my original number was disconnected and upon putting the new Koodo sim card in my phone the number was never ported (or potentially ported to the original temporary number assigned). 

In any event, I’ve setup three call backs and I can’t manage to receive any assistance.  The automated system asks me to select “1 to talk to a representative” and then the call automatically drops. 

My original number is extremely important for my business, and now I’m left in the dark with no ability to reach the customer service team. This has been an extremely frustrating experience, and I was wondering if any Koodo representative can reach out and assist me with this ongoing port number issue. 

Many Thanks. 

Unfortunately, for this particular issue, you will need to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep. Once you get a hold of someone, you can ask them to direct your call to a member of the Koodo porting team to further assist you. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Thanks for the input. This issue is now resolved. Reached out to the support team via Social Media.

I’m having an issue with a failed port from Public Mobile. Everything looks successful in self serve but when I call out it shows up as the original Koodo number not the ported one. When I try and call the ported number it says number not in service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there was an error during the transfer within Koodo/Public Mobile/Telus or if you have any questions regarding porting, you can call their porting center during bussiness hour (+1844.232.7678) or contact Koodo direcly and ask someone to check. 

Unfortunately the porting center was not able to help and I needed tech support to solve my issue. Tech support did eventually get my number back for me.