Koodo Community

Pixel. 6

• 16 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi.. Google Pixel 6 hours. 

I have an issue with the Alarm, it does not work (typically).

Would like to know of a fix or how I can exchange for a better phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure I understand your question, can you provide a few more details?

When did you order your Pixel 6?

Is there an issue with the alarm sound volume? (volume too low)

Are you not able to set an alarm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Typically does not work? What does that mean? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mine has gone off reliably every morning I’ve had the Pixel 6 (about a month and a half now), so I’m not sure what could be wrong.  Just to be clear, you’re using the stock Google clock app to set your alarm, right?

EDIT: also, as asked by @Robert T and @rikkster , could you please elaborate some more so we can try to help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

More thoughts after doing a search on the /r/Pixel6 subreddit:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@alxken500 can you provide some further details on your issue?

Hi,

I have had the phone now for about 3 months, hoping i can return it - but seeing that may not be likely.

When i say the Alarm function doesn't work, i am referring to the standard Clock app that comes with the phone.  Specifically it has time (works) and timer, stopwatch, bedtime function etc…  but the Alarm does not work.   Searching the net i have seen several other people have the same issue, so i am surprised to see the previous are not even aware of the issue. 

IF i set the alarm for a minute ahead of current time and wait for the minute to expire it works.  IF i set it and leave the phone (get out of the app) and wait for the next morning it never rings, but always advises that i have missed it.  

I have set my other alarm (on my blackberry) and waited for the Alarm on the Pixel, but it goes straight to ‘missed alarm’… never initiating. 

From other websites, i see other people have the same issue.

Another issue i am having is connecting to WIFI from a work server, there is no option to avoid ‘phase 2 authorization’ by selecting NONE as well as Do NOT validate for the CA certificate.   Therefore the phone cannot connect to a secure server. 

Appreciate any help, but it would seem returning this phone is my best option - it is just not ready. 

Additionally.

I have just tested again and it does have a bubble where  it suggests the Alarms and Timers notification is off.  I go to this notification and turn it on and still it the bubble suggesting notification is off. 

Went into settings and notifications are on, but again as soon as i leave it and go to the clock app, the bubble appears and says Alarm and Timer notifications are off. 

?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which version of Clock app is your Pixel 6 running?

Have you tried reinstalling the Clock app?

Is your Pixel 6 using default device sounds for the alarm?

According to the notes on this APK file (link below), version 7 appears to be the current Clock version. I believe Google Play offers version 6.4.1 if what I’m reading is correct. (Google Play mentions; version varies with device).

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/clock/clock-7-0-release/google-clock-7-0-389262700-android-apk-download/ - Version 7 (Minimum: Android 6.0 Target: Android 12) 10.05 MB.

Have a look at the link below to see if this relates to the Wi-Fi issue you’re experiencing. The solution is for a Pixel 4XL, but might work for your Pixel 6. 

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/18281027/how-to-connect-wifi-to-802-1x?hl=en&msgid=22059218