Koodo Community
Solved

Not receiving verification sms for bank/discord etc

• 6 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello! I can’t receive any verification codes from my bank and other apps. This started in February I believe, and if it helps I had switched plans for more data back in November ( ~8gb 4G to 20gb 4G). Right now I cleared my cache and restarted my phone but still didn’t fix it. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 March 2023, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So it worked in Dec and Jan. But now it suddenly didn't work?. Was there any update recently in your phone? Whicj phone was it? if possible, can you put the SiM in another phone to see if the issue follows?

My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5g, I have gotten a update this year in January i think, But i’ll try putting the sim in a different phone when i get home.

Also, yes my verification codes had worked previously before. I’ve had this phone for over a year and Koodo has been my only service provider since I had the phone.

Okay the code went through to the other phone that i placed the sim in. Which hopefully means i just gotta roll back the update if that’s possible or hard reset everything and hope that addresses the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay the code went through to the other phone that i placed the sim in. Which hopefully means i just gotta roll back the update if that’s possible or hard reset everything and hope that addresses the issue.

Yeah, that was weird, I wonder if there was any settings was off in the phone. I recommend you reset network settings of the phone also to see if it helps.

Okay will do!

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, YOU SAVED ME FROM A HEADACHE!! I uninstalled my message app and reinstalled it, followed by restoring default settings on my device. I dreaded the idea of doing a hard reset; your instructions was greatly appreciated.