Skip to main content
Solved

Not receiving MFA texts while abroad

• 14 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I am abroad and am not receiving MFA texts. I am on iOS, I made sure my data roaming is on on my Koodo account (and I had an email confirmation about it) and is toggled on on my iPhone, my wifi calling is on, I've got network coverage here (got bars) but no still no incoming texts. I checked to make sure the numbers were no blocked and that my text inbox is in capacity to receive texts. I did other 101 troubleshooting too (airplane mode on/off, restarted my phone, I know for a fact that local network is not blocking texts because I visited here before but used to be on Bell then). I am out of ideas as to why I am not getting any incoming texts anymore, really need that 2 step MFA on. I called my bank for a 1 time permission but wanted to connect with Koodo customer service and see what’s up, maybe something with my account. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@I.Y. It looks like the International Voice roaming pay per use add on is not provisioned to your account.

You can add it using the steps here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam 

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. In the drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Select manage beside the Add-ons section.
  4. Find International Voice Roaming ($0/month) and select Add to Plan so you can call and text while travelling outside of Canada and the U.S.
  5. Select Submit on the next screen. If this add-on is already on your account, you'll see it under Your current add-ons at the top of your screen.

Once you add it, just restart your device and you should be able to receive text messages.

Also, check out this article to learn more about how to avoid unwanted roaming charges 

Thank you Flo so much for your prompt response,  it worked like a charm!