Koodo Community
Solved

Non existent service in the tunnel, how to escalate?

• 17 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Rogers have had their service enabled since 2017 in this particular tunnel, but all Telus and their sub brands have no access and I'm not even sure who to ask if there's any plan in doing so. 

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2017/12/27/rogers-skytrain-wireless-evergreen/

Everytime I passed through this tunnel (almost daily), my service died. Makes me want to jump ship once my plan agreement is over.

icon

Best answer by noncil 17 May 2023, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Rogers have had their service enabled since 2017 in this particular tunnel, but all Telus and their sub brands have no access and I'm not even sure who to ask if there's any plan in doing so. 

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2017/12/27/rogers-skytrain-wireless-evergreen/

Everytime I passed through this tunnel (almost daily), my service died. Makes me want to jump ship once my plan agreement is over.

You can actually post this as an Idea. If there is enough support, it may be considered by Koodo and Telus.

Thanks, I’ve posted in the idea section. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not sure it’s an consolation, but service is rock-solid on the Canada Line.  

When I was living in my previous home and taking the Expo line, I actually had a data-only tablet plan [from another provider whom shall not be named but would be popular with pet enthusiasts] and kept that SIM in my second slot (this was the days before eSIM dual sims) and would switch to it at Stadium.  It wasn’t an ideal situation but when I tried to cancel that plan, they ended up giving me 12 months of it for free instead, and then I got another 12 or 24 months when the first freebees ran out and I tried t cancel again.  I finally gave it up when that ran out and they (understandably) weren’t interested in continuing to give me free service.  Fortunately by then I was already on the Canada Line commute instead.

Not sure it’s an consolation, but service is rock-solid on the Canada Line.  

When I was living in my previous home and taking the Expo line, I actually had a data-only tablet plan [from another provider whom shall not be named but would be popular with pet enthusiasts] and kept that SIM in my second slot (this was the days before eSIM dual sims) and would switch to it at Stadium.  It wasn’t an ideal situation but when I tried to cancel that plan, they ended up giving me 12 months of it for free instead, and then I got another 12 or 24 months when the first freebees ran out and I tried t cancel again.  I finally gave it up when that ran out and they (understandably) weren’t interested in continuing to give me free service.  Fortunately by then I was already on the Canada Line commute instead.

I don’t have any issues with the Canada Line (but I rarely travel that way daily), and also Canada Line connection was built by Telus, so Koodo/Telus should have it enabled by default. Whereas the other ones are built by Rogers.

“In 2017, Rogers Communications completed the installation of cell service infrastructure in the Evergreen tunnel, which effectively meant a milestone had been reached that provides all SkyTrain tunnels with connectivity. Rogers previously installed cell service infrastructure in all of the tunnels of the Expo Line and other areas of the Millennium Line, while Telus is responsible for installing the Canada Line.”

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/skytrain-tunnels-cell-service-shaw-freedom-mobile

I have posted this in the ideas section, please upvote if you have a chance