Koodo Community
Question

my texts are being sent from 2 different numbers

• 24 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Just added a new line and selected to keep my old number. When I got the new phone it had a 748 area code number. I followed the email to change the number but elected to get a brand new 519 area code number. Now when I text other people, they are getting texts from the 748 number when I don't have wifi (and sometimes when I do) and the 519 number when I have wifi. I do not receive any texts if they text me at the 748 number, only the 519 number. This is terribly frustrating and I don't know who or how to fix it.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As of now in your selfserve, did you see the new number?

The issue could possibly from iMessage or RCS messaging. Which phone are you using? Was it an iPhone or an Android?

Android, the number on self serve is the proper number we changed, not the one that came with the sim before we changed it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Android, the number on self serve is the proper number we changed, not the one that came with the sim before we changed it 

I assumed you are using the Google Message app? could you disable the RCS feature of it? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/next-generation-messaging I think your RCS messaging system was still using the old number.