Koodo Community
Question

Moving a line from prepaid to my existing postpaid

• 12 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi. My child is currently on the $15 prepaid plan and now that there is a $15 postpaid plan, I would like to move that over to my account. I have 3 questions:

1. Can I keep the existing number?
  2. Can I use an existing (never used) postpaid sim card to activate the new account now? I know I’ll still get dinged the $5 for the sim card online but I’d rather not wait for the new card to be delivered. I upgraded my own phone 2 weeks ago and they sent a new sim that I did not use because I just moved the old one over to the new phone. 
  3. Can I do all of this online?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

1. Yes

2. Technically yes. Once the sim koodo is mailing out to you, is active and you see it in self serve, you can update the sim card. Just have the verifocation code sent to your email or your other line on the account. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support

3. Yes

I also want to note that there are few if any benefits switching to the $15 post paid plan. With postpaid you open yourself up to possible overage charges (talk, long distance, data, 3rd party apps, etc). With prepaid you are protected from overages and unexpected charges. 

Is there a specific reason you want to move form the $15 prepaid to the $15 postpaid plan?