Koodo Community
Question

MMS messages not opening when in the USA

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

when I am in the USA, and I have Easy Roam USA on my phone.  I am supposed to receive unlimited texts.  When I get some texts they are labeled on the side MMS and the text box says No Subject, Message size: 1KB and an expiry date.  Why do these messages not come through so that I can read them?  I only get some messages in USA, because I can’t open them I have no idea what they are.   I get all message no problem when I am in Canada.  thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

MMS requires data and is not included.with the unlimited incoming texts.

In order to receive MMS you need to turn on data and incur roaming charges 

thank you , this was not communicated previously.  So maybe you can tell me what the difference is between and MMS message and a text message?  thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thank you , this was not communicated previously.  So maybe you can tell me what the difference is between and MMS message and a text message?  thanks

An MMS is a multimedia message. Although it is sent over the cellular network it has more in common with an email than a standard SMS text message, such as the ability to attach picture, video or audio files, as well as support for group messaging. MMS messages can also be up to 1600 characters in length, while SMS is limited to 160.