Koodo Community
Solved

Legit Koodo retention call ?

Hello,

Today I’ve been proposed some kind of Koodo wingback offering by phone (25$ for 30giga).

The thing seemed legit as the operator on the phone knew my name when calling and he had some info about my previous Koodo account (like when I first opened a line with Koodo in the past, few year ago).

Still as the process was very lengthy and extensive (like photo of driver license card through a webpage),  I now wonder if it wasn’t a scam.

Especially as the number is not referenced on the page of legit Koodo numbers I found here: https://community.koodomobile.com/privacy%2Dsecurity%2Dand%2Dfraud%2D232911/was%2Dthat%2Da%2Dscam%2Dor%2Ddid%2Dkoodo%2Djust%2Dcall%2Dme%2D7809115

Number was 1 855 675 3397 and it was about opening back 2 mobile phone lines (SIM card are supposed to be ordered and delivered in the coming days)

Anyone could confirm if legit or not ?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 4 May 2024, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lioQC 

We have checked and can confirm the call was legit and we do see that two lines were ordered with the agent today.

The lines will appear in your account once activated. (in the next few days).

When activating over the phone, there is a credit check required, here you can find more details https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements

Userlevel 1

I assume this is a scam. It's possible,  someone was trying to get your information,  so thay can open another phone line in your name and ruin your credit.  Unfortunately,  there are people who pretend to be from one company or another, ( not necessarily a cell phone provider it can be from anywhere or anything) to get personal information. They may be trying to get banking info, social insurance info etc.  I always contact koodo or any other business myself if I need anything. If they call me, and I am not expecting a call back, I DON'T ANSWER. I hope you weren't scammed and that you get this sorted out in your favor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I assume this is a scam. It's possible,  someone was trying to get your information,  so thay can open another phone line in your name and ruin your credit.  Unfortunately,  there are people who pretend to be from one company or another, ( not necessarily a cell phone provider it can be from anywhere or anything) to get personal information. They may be trying to get banking info, social insurance info etc.  I always contact koodo or any other business myself if I need anything. If they call me, and I am not expecting a call back, I DON'T ANSWER. I hope you weren't scammed and that you get this sorted out in your favor 

Flo is actually a Koodo rep, so they can see if it legit or not as they will have records of the call. So no, as they said it is legit.

Userlevel 1

I must have been in the middle of typing my reply when she posted that comment.  But people do need to be careful,  there are a lot of scams out there.  Have a great day

Thank you for this quick answer @Flo Koodo ! Glad it was indeed Koodo ^^.

@Purple J I don’t blame you on this one, scam are becoming so sophisticated these days and personal data more and more exposed to breaches that its becoming increasingly difficult to sort out what's legit or not.