Koodo Community
Question

Landline Number Transfer

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey folks, 

So my mother is now a Koodo monthly customer; she has a cell with a number already. But now wants to transfer the house landline to the cell phone, as she no longer wants the landline, but wants to keep that number. 

What is the process in doing that? I saw the docs on transferring from another carrier, but not sure if that is the same process?

Cheers

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it would work the same, though I’m not entirely sure how it would work nowadays with the SMS verification addition. She might have to contact the landline provider at some point to approve of the transfer, but they won’t give her any hassle.

Be aware that porting a landline takes 5 workdays - during that time, she will be able to be reached on her landline still, so don’t disconnect the phone just yet :) 

After the port is complete, she can reboot her cellphone and the port should be finalized.

The landline will be cancelled automatically. We did the same several years ago and never looked back!

Oh, one last thought: if she ports her landline to her current cell number, the cell number will be gone (overwritten by the landline number). I’m sure that is the intention but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Look at FAQ #5 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/moving-your-number-koodo

After step 3 you will need to request a callback from koodo assist to complete the port

Thank you both for your replies .. very helpful. =)