Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Sim Card not working in new phone

• 2 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a  Motorola G7 and am a Koodo customer.  I recently purchased  Motorola G Pure while in the United States through the dealer Boast Mobile.  I put the Sim card from the G7 into the Motorola G Pure and it shows Network locked.  The display shows the unlocked padlock.  I cannot use the phone or text messaging.  Message says cellular network not available for voice calls.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So if I understand you correctly, your Koodo SIM doesn’t work in the phone you purchased elsewhere because it’s locked, right? Unfortunately, only the party you purchased that phone from can unlock the phone… so you need to contact them and ask for an unlock code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a  Motorola G7 and am a Koodo customer.  I recently purchased  Motorola G Pure while in the United States through the dealer Boast Mobile.  I put the Sim card from the G7 into the Motorola G Pure and it shows Network locked.  The display shows the unlocked padlock.  I cannot use the phone or text messaging.  Message says cellular network not available for voice calls.

To add on to Sophia’s comment, you can refer to this list to reach out to some of the major U.S. carriers. It is important to figure out which carrier it is locked to before proceeding with the request. https://en-us.support.motorola.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/97714/~/unlock-my-phone-from-a-specific-carrier