Koodo Community
Question

issues porting landline over to Koodo

• 17 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Trying to port my landline from another provider to Koodo (mobile). The other provider claims they never received the request and there doesn’t seem to be a timely way to speak to Koodo. Request a callback and it’s 24h out..

how can I get better support?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try to contact Koodo through Facebook or Twitter DM. Be advised though that those aren’t instant either, so you might want to wait the 24h to receive your callback.

What provider are you trying to port from? Does the port request show in self serve?

More information here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Trying to port my landline from another provider to Koodo (mobile). The other provider claims they never received the request and there doesn’t seem to be a timely way to speak to Koodo. Request a callback and it’s 24h out..

Port transfers from landline numbers usually take up to two business days. You may want to stick with scheduling a callback to speak to a rep as suggested on the Koodo website. https://Koo.do/Chat  

You could try to contact Koodo through Facebook or Twitter DM. Be advised though that those aren’t instant either, so you might want to wait the 24h to receive your callback.

What provider are you trying to port from? Does the port request show in self serve?

More information here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

SS site shows port in progress

porting from Altima Telecom - they say they haven’t gotten a request to port

Port transfers from landline numbers usually take up to two business days. You may want to stick with scheduling a callback to speak to a rep as suggested on the Koodo website. https://Koo.do/Chat  

the Koodo agent told me the request was only valid for 90 mins, within which my current provider needed to approve

I hear you on the absolute lack of customer service…
I just got a new phone, through them and it’s not working….
got a call back and after 1 hour and 27 minutes was told…
“I’ll send you an Email with the return information….. in 5 days….
seriously…. does it take 5 days to hit the send button…..
they are not skilled, they are not professional…..
puts a whole brown dump on “customer service”
the WORST people in the world to deal with…. all 12 year olds… ARG…..
CANCEL acount….

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

the Koodo agent told me the request was only valid for 90 mins, within which my current provider needed to approve

That is correct. It generally applies to numbers on existing cell phone carriers moving to Koodo. Things operate differently with a landline number.

After speaking with the Koodo rep to initiate the porting process, did you reach out to Altima Telecom to retrieve your account number and let them know of the transfer? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I hear you on the absolute lack of customer service…
I just got a new phone, through them and it’s not working….
got a call back and after 1 hour and 27 minutes was told…
“I’ll send you an Email with the return information….. in 5 days….
seriously…. does it take 5 days to hit the send button…..
they are not skilled, they are not professional…..
puts a whole brown dump on “customer service”
the WORST people in the world to deal with…. all 12 year olds… ARG…..
CANCEL acount….

We got the point on your original post. Quit hijacking other threads that have nothing to do with you. 

That is correct. It generally applies to numbers on existing cell phone carriers moving to Koodo. Things operate differently with a landline number.

After speaking with the Koodo rep to initiate the porting process, did you reach out to Altima Telecom to retrieve your account number and let them know of the transfer? 

yes and as per the original post, Altima claims they never received the request.

spoke to another Koodo agent who told me the 90 mins didn’t apply to landline transfers and that this should be wrapped up in the next couple of days

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

yes and as per the original post, Altima claims they never received the request.

spoke to another Koodo agent who told me the 90 mins didn’t apply to landline transfers and that this should be wrapped up in the next couple of days

Glad to hear that someone was able to clear it up for you.