Koodo Community
Question

issue with data usage prepaid

• 6 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I purchased a data booster last week and was notified today that I’ve used 90% of the booster even though my data has been off for everything except iMessage all week. I only used data on this phone for specific reasons so I don’t understand how it all got used up in a week. 
i don’t know how to contact Koodo prepaid to figure out what is going on. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you check your phone settings and see which apps are using your data?

Do you see any unusual usage there?

I turned the data off for all of my apps so they only work when I’m on wifi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So all the apps currently show as 0GB used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you turn off Background App Refresh on your phone? https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-turn-off-background-refresh-on-iphone

I have turned off the background app refresh. The apps don’t say 0GB as I didn’t reset the stats when I bought the new top up. Is that something I should be doing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The iOS data tracker does not track monthly, so it makes it impossible to see specific spikes or something more than a general lfie use. If you don't reset monthly, you can actually get a third party usage tracker that has the functionality

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have turned off the background app refresh. The apps don’t say 0GB as I didn’t reset the stats when I bought the new top up. Is that something I should be doing?

Did you check your settings to see if any app updates can be downloaded on cellular data?