Koodo Community
Question

Is there a way to call the rep directly? I'm having issue receiving calls

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I just transferred my number to Koodo and I’m having trouble receiving phone calls. I think I can still call and I believe my number appears on it? So I don’t know why this is happening. (Also I think I’m having issue sending/receiving SMS)

Going through Koodo Assist is useless since it’s just a bot and keeps trying to schedule a callback, when I’m not in a position to receive any calls.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @NaYe  We looked into your account and everything looks ok, and the port was completed. We have refreshed the backend to be on the safe side. Please restart your device and see if everything is working for you. 

Hi there @NaYe  We looked into your account and everything looks ok, and the port was completed. We have refreshed the backend to be on the safe side. Please restart your device and see if everything is working for you. 

I think I messed up my transfer process somehow. My old SIM is still getting the call.

I've already tried to power off, restart, and reset my network settings.

How do I proceed from here???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which provider is your old sim with?

When you ported over, did you respond to the transfer request text message on the old sim?

Which provider is your old sim with?

When you ported over, did you respond to the transfer request text message on the old sim?

Fido.

I had the new SIM in, and I didn't realize I was supposed to get a message and reply accordingly. I've tried to call the number they provided but it just says there's no active transfer request.

I've tried going through the transfer step again but my number is showing so I can't request to go through the whole process again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Call Koodo/Telus number porting team (844) 232-7678 and see if they are able to correct the issue. Just mention you initiated the port and that you didn't respond to the fido port request text and now your port is stuck half way.